Some important FYIs for you
1. No legislative activity today. Hearings start on the 22nd and the end of introduction of bills is the 23rd. Often the 23rd is a dump day where people just throw in a bunch of bills, and that can take a while for a lobbyist to go through; we should have a clear view of our primary issues will be dealing with the session by the end of the week.
2. We are in the process of getting registration set up for convention this year which is April 5-7. Our theme is Gather, Learn, Grow. We'll have orthopedic massage, fascial fluidity, meridian massage, as well as ethics. We will have a couple of socials and networking opportunities, honors and awards ceremony, and induction of new officers. It's going to be a lot of fun. Keep your eyes open for registration.
3. Honors and award nominations are open now. Please visit our website to fill out a form to nominate someone you feel is deserving. We'll soon be updating the remember anniversaries this year on the website as well.
4. Online elections will be starting soon as well. Up for election this year is board member, delegate, and financial administrator. These are positions that you'll be able to apply for online. As soon as nominations open up, we will let you know.
5. We are looking for a Chairperson for the Community Service Massage Team. Please contact us if you are interested in this position. Community Service Massage Team Chair is responsible for leading the chapter's effort to take massage therapy to populations and communities that may be under utilizing or not yet making use of massage therapy.