M^3: March 2021
Time & Location
About The Event
AMTA-NE M^3: Massage, Minds Meeting
March 21, 2021
CE Discussion: Insurance Reimbursement and Massage Therapy
7pm-8pm via zoom (link will be sent)
AMTA Online Course Link: Click Here to take the FREE CE ONLINE
AMTA Online Course Description: "Explore how to work with insurers and other healthcare payors on reimbursements. Understand the entire process including steps to begin, organizations involved, and managing denials. Determine if third-party billing is right for you."
Online Course Objectives:within the 3 CE training videos and documents.
● Describe the process of reimbursement billing and how state regulations may enable or prevent coverage.
● Review HIPAA expectations and confidentiality.
● Explain credentialing and contracting, and insurance denials.
● Define opportunities made available due to healthcare reform.
Expanded Description and Objectives: addressed in the M^3 discussion for 1 CE.
The online course gives several task items to complete prior to accepting insurance and billing for reimbursements. These items will be discussed in further detail to formulate a checklist plan of how to initiate action toward an insurance billing process.
● NPI: National Provider Identifier
○ NPPES: National Plan & Provider Enumeration System https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/#/ Create a New Account
○ NPI Lookup https://www.npinumberlookup.org/
● ICD-10: International Classification of Diseases
● Fee Structure and Classification
● Medical Necessity forms
● SOAP note recommendations
● Additional legal forms
● HIPAA compliance "covered entity"